Feeling those Winter blues? Need an inspiring lady to pick you up? I’ve got the prescription for you: Wild.
Here ‘re the facts:
- Reese Witherspoon has pulled another stellar performance out of the bag.
- It’s directed by Jean-Marc Vallée (Dallas Buyers Club, C.R.A.Z.Y, The Young Victoria).
- It’s written by Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About A Boy, An Education).
- And there’s Gaby Hoffman (Girls, Obvious Child, Lyle).
- It has hit cinemas in the USA this month and will be coming to the UK and Australia in January, and most European countries by March.
- It’s a true story about Cheryl Strayed who embarked on a pretty damn epic journey in order to sort out her head.
Not sold yet?
Let’s go into a little more depth about Strayed. The film is based on her memoir. Strayed embarked, without prior training, on a 1,100 mile hike in order to figure her shit out. Her memoir details this journey and all of its highs and lows alongside the events in Strayed’s life that led to her making such a dramatic pilgrimage. It’s a story of self-growth and the struggles of a young woman.
Are you in yet?
Strayed is also a feminist activist and served on the first board for directors for VIDA (Women in Literary Arts). Alongside her memoir, she has had novels published and many essays of hers have appeared in magazines such as Vogue, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
Also, her daughter plays the younger her in the movie!
This lady is inspiring and we recommend a large dose of Wild to get over your Winter blues.